The Supreme Court Justices, including their clerks, need our intercession on their behalf. We must not assume how any of the Justices will rule based on previous rulings, or preconceived notions about their personal beliefs or opinions. As we pray for each Justice by name, may we pray from a place of confidence knowing that God can turn the hearts of those whom He places in authority.
Pray for each Justice by name: Justice John Roberts, Justice Clarence Thomas, Justice Stephen Breyer, Justice Samuel Alito, Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Justice Elena Kagan, Justice Neil Gorsuch, Justice Brett Kavanaugh, Justice Amy Coney Barrett.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would move in the hearts and minds of the Justices to rule on the side of life (Proverbs 21:1).
- Pray that the Justices will not be persuaded by political pressure or perceived public opinion, but that they would be impartial in their judgment (Deuteronomy 16:19)
- Pray that the fear of the Lord will be present as the Justices deliberate the case (Proverbs 8:13).
- Pray that the Justices receive divine wisdom and are free from all confusion and distraction (Proverbs 1:23).
- Pray for all federal and state judges considering questions of protecting life (Micah 6:8).
*Content in this guide provided by Alliance Defending Freedom’s “Generational Wins Prayer Guide”