Consider an IRA charitable distribution if you are 70.5 years of age or older and want to contribute to Choice’s work while simultaneously reducing your taxable income.
Benefits of an IRA charitable distribution
- You can avoid taxes on charitable donations from your IRA up to $100,000.
- Even if you do not itemize deductions, donating directly from your IRA can still lower your taxable income.
- Make a donation that is exempt from the charitable contribution deduction cap.
- It can enable you to meet the year’s required minimum distribution (RMD) for your IRA.
- It contributes to the advancement of Choices efforts and goals.
How an IRA charitable distribution works
- To make a gift from your IRA account, get in touch with the administrator of your plan. The details you must give your IRA custodian are as follows:
- Make checks payable to: Choices Pregnancy Centers
1907 W Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85015
FED TAX ID#: #86-0536082
Choices Pregnancy Centers
Attn: Gift Processing
- Please request that your name be included with the disbursement from your IRA custodian.
- Your IRA monies will be delivered directly to our organization to support the continuation of our crucial work.
- After we complete your contribution, you should anticipate receiving an appreciation letter in 7 to 10 business days. Please get in touch with us if you don’t get your acknowledgement letter so we can make sure your donation was allocated correctly.
- Please email us (or use the “Notify” option in the “Make a Gift From My IRA” sidebar button) to let us know that an IRA charitable distribution check or transfer is being made, along with your name, the name of the IRA custodian, the date, and the amount.
- Please be aware that charitable disbursements from IRAs are not deductible as charitable contributions; instead, the tax advantage derives from reducing your taxable income.
Gifts from your IRA
You can utilize your IRA to accomplish your charity objectives if you are at least 70.5 years old. To contact your IRA custodian and make an eligible charitable distribution, utilize the “Make a Gift From My IRA” option. Use the “Notify” button in the sidebar widget to inform us of your contribution as well. Your kind donations will be acknowledged as a qualified charitable contribution (QCD), which, if necessary, will meet your required minimum distribution (RMD). We recommend that you please consult your tax advisor to understand how this can benefit your tax situation.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable distribution, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.